Our theme for services and events this month is 'Courage'. Here, we share some inspiring words of wisdom and some questions to give you food for thought.
Words of Wisdom
‘Softness is not weakness. It takes courage to stay delicate in a world so cruel.’ Beau Taplin
‘Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.”’ Mary Anne Radmacher
‘Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Do not be afraid.’ Frederick Buechner
‘Only when we are unafraid of the exposure that honesty brings will we ever have peace in our hearts and the world.’ Rev Celia Midgley
‘I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.’ Nelson Mandela
Questions for Reflection
1. What is the greatest act of courage that you directly witnessed? And how did it change you?
2. What do you know now about courage that you didn’t know when you were younger?
3. Is it time to tell someone how scared you really are?
4. Is life calling you to make a “leap of faith?
5. In resistance to white supremacy culture, what are you courageous enough to stop accepting as normal?