Our theme for services and events this month is 'Change'. Here, we share some inspiring words of wisdom and some questions to give you food for thought.
Words of Wisdom
‘Those who stand at the threshold of life always
waiting for the right time to change are like the
person who stands at the bank of a river waiting for
the water to pass so they can cross on dry land.’
Joseph B. Wirthlin
‘When we identify where our privilege intersects
with somebody else’s oppression, we’ll find our
opportunities to make real change.’
‘And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a
bud was more painful than the risk it took to
‘Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.’
Questions for Reflection
1. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
2. If you could reclaim a trait or strength from your childhood self, what would it be?
3. What do you wish your 16-year-old self would have known or felt to make their life changes easier? What about your 25-year-old self?
4. What do you wish you would have changed your mind about earlier?
5. What part of you no longer exists? How are you truly and radically different than your younger self?